11 Sep September 11, 2013 – The Armor Bearer
Thank you so much for your prayers and support.
“Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account.”- Philippians 4:17
We desire nothing more than that you can experience our shared goal of reaching our military for Jesus Christ. We are thankful that the Lord has used us to help reach the men and women in our Armed Forces.
Our annual candidate school was held August 3-9, 2013 at Good News Baptist Church:
Please join me in praying for the four new missionary families and the three second year families in attendance. Here is a quick view of the four new missionary families:
- The Brown family is raising support to reach our heroes at Camp Casey, South Korea.
- The Glenn family is raising support to reach our heroes at the Southern European Task Force in Vicenza, Italy.
- The Keast family is raising support to educate churches on how to reach our heroes with PTSD. This chronic condition affects one in two combat veterans.
- The Marshall (Mike Jr.) family is raising support to work with our heroes at Great Lakes Naval Station.
- For Christ to have the preeminence in all we do.
- For meetings for the new missionaries.
- For the health of our missionary families.
- For $2,000 to create a new video for our missionaries to use on deputation.
- For Missionary Phil Knode fighting a terrible disease called Melas.
- For Missionary Mike Marshall fighting pancreatic cancer and the funds needed to continue treatment.
- For Missionary Les Dillon fighting colon cancer.
- For Missionary Steve Martinez awaiting a kidney transplant.
- For other missionaries with on-going health problems and chronic illnesses.
- Praise for four new families reaching our heroes around the world.
- Praise for the faithfulness of Pastor Coles and the Good News Baptist Church Family. Good News is the home church of AFBM.
- Praise for the more that 800% increase in missionaries over the past 8 years.
- Praise for the 20 potential candidates at 8 colleges and 1 church.
- Praise for the birth of Grace Carolynn Gorman to Jon and Tina Gorman.
- Praise for the Freedom Baptist Church plant at Fort Dix/McGuire AFB.
We’re praying for you and your families. Thank you again for your love, prayers and support. We could not reach our heroes without your faithfulness to missions. The Lord is using you!
On behalf of our AFBM family,
General Director’s Update:
Dear Pastors, Prayer Warriors and Friends,
We cannot thank you enough for your prayers and support. God is using you in our lives as a witness of His love. It is our prayer that through your sacrifice many will call Jesus their Lord.
Since our last prayer letter, there has been a whirlwind of ministry activity. We are thankful for another missionary family and finding locations for three new families. Perhaps the highlight of every summer is our candidate school. This summer we trained four new families and had three families receiving their second year training.
It’s a joy to know bases in Asia, Europe and here in the United States will soon go from no witness to having churches outside their gates.
On August 13th, I had Rotator Cuff surgery on my left shoulder. The Lord blessed and we’re praying for a complete recovery. Unfortunately, it did slow me down for a couple of weeks and we’re just catching up. Also, on August 9th Debbie had minor eye surgery and it too was successful and she is mostly recovered. Hopefully, we are set medically for for a long time. With that in mind, please forgive the lateness of this prayer letter. With the Lord’s help we’ll be back on track in November. We will now send out quick updates on email every couple weeks. If you would like to be on our email, list let me know email@example.com.
- For providing for a major financial shortfall due to roof damage, car trouble and medical deductibles.
- For successful surgery.
- For Doug II and Daniel getting jobs and returning to school.
- For a new missionary family.
- For several souls saved and lives changed.
- For supporters and prayer warriors.
- For Debbie and my 30th anniversary coming up October 8th.
- For Christ to have the preeminence.
- For continued healing and good health for our family.
- For our military heroes and families-specifically for their salvation and safety.
Your Servants for Christ,
Doug and Debbie Carragher