02 May May 1, 2018 – Carragher Chronicles
Dear Praying Friends,
“And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it.” ~Psalm 90:17
The Lord reminds us to try to look at our life’s work in relation to the Lord’s beauty. As we look at all of you who pray, love, and support us we see that beauty first hand. Thank you for your faithfulness and the lessons we glean from you.
Since our last letter the Lord has answered many of our shared prayers:
- For the Las Vegas workshop. We were able to see eleven saved. Three others accepted our Lord through sharing the gospel and two through our preaching.
- For the opportunity for Doug to speak at Nellis Air Force Base for a special Warrior Day. This was among one of his greatest honors.
- For the opportunity to preach and help assemble Scripture with Grace Baptist Church in Lee’s Summit, MO. Sixteen thousand portions of Scripture were assembled for our military around the world. This ministry of love has been reaching heroes for over a decade.
- For the opportunity to visit the Missouri Veterans Home where we passed out Bibles, listened to stories, and loved on the many veterans who live there. I was able to lead a Vietnam Veteran named John to the Lord. John was trusting in works, experiences, and emotions rather than in the finished work of Christ. This trip, arranged by Heartland Baptist Fellowship, opened a new door and gave us insight on Biblical needs at military nursing homes.
Please join us in praying for the following prayer requests:
- For Christ to have the preeminence in all we do.
- For our family and our walk with God – that He will be the one desire of our lives.
- For our family’s health.
- For our missionary family and their ministries.
- For the Huss Family, our newest missionaries, ministering to the Naval Submarine Base New London in Groton, CT.
- For our five missionary families on deputation.
- For a very busy Wounded Spirits PTSD Schedule that is effective in reaching those suffering from this terrible disease.
- For the Lord to use churches who are running PTSD groups.
- For Delta Miles to be donated to help us bring PTSD training to those in need.
- For small audio Bibles to pass out at Veterans homes. Most Veterans can no longer read Bible pages. We are hopeful for a small device that they can play over and over again.
- For our May 7-11 Wounded Spirits PTSD Retreat at Camp Joy, WI.
Again, thank you for your prayers, love, and support. Each of you is a fine example of the Great Commission at work. We hold you in great esteem and are honored by your trust. We work every day to earn your trust.
Doug & Debbie Carragher