Dear Praying Friends,
Thank you for your support and prayers for our family and ministry. The Lord continues to be faithful in answering those prayers and guiding our shared ministry. There is not a day that goes by where we do not thank God for your faithfulness in supporting and praying for us. Each of you is very dear to us and you are a gift from God. We will never take for granted the hard working men and women in your churches who give so faithfully. We are forever in your debt.
“The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” ~II Timothy 3:9
The Lord’s promise that He is not willing that any should perish, is a great blessing to us as we reach out to the U.S. military. Especially in light of the sad facts that more than 80% of our military men and women claim there are multiple Gods and another 15% claim no God at all. With gay marriage and benefits now the norm in our military, and a directive from the Secretary of Defense allowing the prosecution for those who share their Christian faith (http://www.infowars.com/pentagon- confirms-may-court-martial-soldiers-who-share- christian-faith), our heroes need this promise more than ever. Our promise to you is that we will stop at nothing to reach our servicemen for Jesus Christ.
This time of the year marks the beginning of military moves; or as the military says, executes their orders for a permanent change of station (PCS). Already, we have been very busy recommending many of our heroes to new churches. It is a privilege to direct them to good churches. Please pray many will contact us this summer.
Praises since our last prayer letter:
- We visited 3 colleges and spoke with many students.
- Prepared and sent our first intern to Italy.
- Trained a family for deputation.
- Completed my book “My Year With God” annual devotion.
- Began writing an annual Bible study entitled “Basic Training”. I have completed the 1st eight weeks. It is my goal to provide military churches with the first full year by the end of summer. Saw two precious souls accept the Lord as Savior. Worked with two of our church planters.
- Doug II graduated from college and Daniel finished his first year.
- For Christ to have the preeminence in our ministry.
- For our spiritual and physical health.
- For the new church plants at Fort Dix/McGuire AFB, NJ and in Camp Casey, Korea.
- For our military heroes/families souls and safety.
- For our veterans suffering from PTSD.
- For travel funds to visit our oversea’s missionaries. For our faithful supporters and prayer warriors.
- For Missionary Mike Marshall as he fights pancreatic cancer.
- For Missionary Steve Martinez and his need for a kidney transplant.
- For Missionary Phillip Knode and his health.
- For Missionary Lovdie Kreynus and her health.
- For Missionary Les Dillon and his health.
- For a new suit and shoes for me.
- For $1,000.00 needed to fund AFBM Intern Chelsea Pilalas’ ministry. Her family serves as military missionaries in Germany.
In closing, we love all of you and appreciate your support and prayers. We cannot thank you enough. May the Lord continue to bless your faithfulness.
It’s an honor to serve as your missionaries for Christ to the US Armed Forces,
Doug, Debbie, Doug II and Daniel Carragher