CURTIS AND ALICIA AKE
Curtis and Alicia are truly honored and humbled to serve with Armed Forces Baptist Missions as associate missionaries. The Lord has given them a burden for lost souls. As part of the Wounded Spirits Ministries and members of Leon Valley Baptist Church in San Antonio, Texas, their focus is to establish a local faith-based ministry; an Outreach ministry of their church. Specifically reaching out and ministering to the military families and retirees who are battling Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) in the greater San Antonio, Texas area. Our Wounded Spirits Ministry theme verses is Psalm 56:3-4 – “What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.”
Curtis was saved while attending a PREACHING CONFERENCE at Fairhaven Baptist College in Chesterton, Indiana on Wednesday night of April 25, 2001. He was baptized on May 6, 2001.
He grew up in Baytown, Texas. He is a retired combat Marine veteran having served in the U.S. Marine Corps for twenty-years from 1982-2002. He served in various duty assignments throughout the world defending the very freedoms we so enjoy. The Gulf War (Operation Desert Storm) 1990-1991; Panama 1989 and 1990, and Somalia 1994 are but a few places where he served. Upon retiring from the U.S. Marine Corps, he became a Deputy Regional Security Officer with the Department of Homeland Security/U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. His most memorable special duty assignment was being assigned to a special recovery mission to New Orleans, Louisiana after Hurricane Katrina hit the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
Alicia was saved on Tuesday, July 1, 2014 and baptized on September 14, 2014 after having been discipled for seven weeks at the church we were members of, Mt. Apo Baptist Church in Davao City, Philippines. Under the leadership of American Missionary, Eddie Trimble of BIMI.
Alicia was born and raised in the Republic of the Philippines. She has seven sisters. She immigrated to the USA on October 19, 2016. She graduated from Naval State University in 2012 with a Bachelor degree in Elementary Education. And has a professional board license from her country.
- Born in Dallas, Texas. Raised in Baytown, Texas
- Trusted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior on April 25, 2001
- Retired Marine Corps combat veteran
- Retired Deputy Regional Security Officer with DHS/USCIS
- Bachelor of Theology (Th.B.)
- Currently pursuing a Master of Theology (Th.M.)
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Management
- Life Verse: “Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.” – Joshua 1:9
- Born and raised in Cabucgayan, Biliran Island Province (Leyte), Philippines
- Bachelor of Elementary Education
- Trusted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior on July 1, 2014
- Enjoys reading, cooking and traveling
- Life Verses: “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.” – Proverbs 3:5-6