Dear Faithful Supporters,
As your missionaries, the Lord allows us to share in many blessings as we labor to bring the Gospel to our military heroes and their families. This letter is our attempt to share those blessings with you, a rightful recipient through your prayers and trust in our ministry.
We start 2019 the same way we finished 2018, thanking our Lord for your faithful prayers and support. God is answering your prayers, pouring His grace into our lives, and preparing us beyond our human understanding. For that, we are eternally in His and your debt.
- For two saved since our last letter. One man was a suicidal Atheist. He now has a reservation in Heaven and a greater reason for living.
- For several new PTSD groups beginning with the New Year. We’re excited for the outreach to these local churches. PTSD Overcomers and graduates of our Wounded Spirits’ training are leading two groups.
- For new in-roads into the Veterans’ Healthcare system. Recently, we’ve been asked to prepare an outline about Wounded Spirits for providers that may recommend spiritual help to interested patients.
- For the Lord blessing several of our new local church plants with new members. Three church plants are reporting several new families since September. Every new family in this environment is encouraging.
- My shoulder reconstruction via arthroscopy was completed on November 13th. The surgery was successful-though I did require a month of reduced physical activity. Thankfully, the Lord is restoring my strength and I am back to a full schedule.
- For Christ to have the preeminence all we do.
- For our military heroes and their families. Pray we can reach them before it is too late.
- For our government workers and Coast Guard that are being forced to serve without pay. Prayerfully, this may be an opportunity for our local churches to step up and help. The Lord may be providing an open door to share His love.
- For our missionaries serving around the world and for their provision and safety.
- For complete healing from my surgery.
- For Debbie, who had shoulder surgery on January 22nd. Like me, she has been facing pain for several years, which recently elevated to extreme levels. Last week, her doctor ordered almost immediate surgery. Prayerfully, her surgery and recovery will go as well as mine.
- For our family’s spiritual and physical health.
- For several opportunities on military bases over the next couple months.
Our hearts are overflowing as we look back on our time as your missionaries. Often as we begin to pray, we feel unworthy to serve, and the Lord reminds us of your trust and love. You’re beacons of His light and an example to our family. You honor us greatly to share in this ministry and to be part of your missions family.
May the Lord bless you many times over for your faithfulness.
Doug & Debbie Carragher